Sunday, August 7, 2016

Chapter 2 (born tiny, born blue, big ears and big feet too!!)

                                                              The tiny Life of

born tiny,
born blue,
BIG ears and
BIG feet too!!

Chapter 
2
 the dead bush

Right after breakfast, Lucas and Lucy were ready to go outside.  They would play in the backyard, then go to the park, one last time before moving.
Lucas immediately ran out into the back yard as fast as he could, knowing no matter how fast he tried to run, Lucy and her long legs were right behind him.
Lucy followed him all the way to the garden shed where Lucas pulled out a shovel. She saw that the shovel was way too big for Lucas and his tiny little body. 
“What do you need the shovel for?” asked Lucy.
 “I am going to dig up that old bush I ruined last year.” Lucas replied, still trying to lift the heavy shovel.
“Why, it’s dead?” she asked.
“So I can fix it!” Lucas replied.
Lucy took the shovel from Lucas, trying to avoid an accident.
“How do you plan on fixing it, once you dig it up?” asked Lucy.
“I will figure it out.” he replied. “If I can kill it, just by touching it.  Maybe there is a way I can fix it someday.”
Lucy was ready to go to the park, and forget this dead little bush. Yet something inside her wanted to help Lucas dig up this bush.  She walked over and carefully began to shovel a circle around the roots.
“Let me do it!” Lucas insisted.
Lucy stopped to take a short break.
“If I let you do it, we will never make it to the park before we leave.” she explained.
“My twin-sister Lucy, taller, stronger, and normal.” declared Lucas.
Lucy rolled her eyes and continued to dig up the dead bush.
“I am not as normal as you think!” she replied with a grin.
“At least you are not the size of a newborn, and you don’t have a terrible touch that kills plants and trees, instantly.” he replied.
“I can probably do that too if we are really twins, maybe it will only start after I turn twelve, or something.” Lucy replied.
Lucas gave her a goofy look.
“I wish I was like you!” said Lucas.
“A normal person would have friends!” stated Lucy.
“Homeschool is not the best place to make new friends.” Lucas replied.
Lucy wanted to talk about something else.  She finished digging up the roots and pulled the bush out of the ground.
“Let’s get this into the truck and have a race to the park!” she suggested.
“Do you think I am cursed?” asked Lucas.
“You are cursing me with this boring conversation!” Lucy insisted.
“I am sorry!” replied Lucas. “I think my temper is connected to this curse.” he explained.
Lucy started dragging the bush around the house towards the front yard.
“Many people all over the world, chop down trees and bushes on purpose.  Sometimes without any important reason.” she explained.
“That is dumb!” said Lucas.
“I think John is right, that you have a gift, and the key to using it for good, can only be found in your heart.” she explained.
“Why don’t you call him dad like I do?” asked Lucas.
“I do-sometimes.” said Lucy. “It’s just hard understand what adopted means.” replied Lucy.
“It means that we can stop dreaming and wishing for a real family.” explained Lucas.
Lucas and Lucy finally made it to the front of the house with the dead bush.  Before leaving for the park, Lucy turned to ask Lucas one last question.
“If you could wish for anything, what would it be?” she asked.
“I wish I could be a little taller!” Lucas quickly replied.
“Remember what Mom always says! Learn to be happy the way you are, and someday you will feel as tall as a tree!” said Lucy.
Lucas just smiled back at Lucy, before running towards the park.